Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When Luther Monday Says Samich: You Say How High!


can #10: VAL2E 1ZSWG 09:52
best by Aug 20 2009

When you picture me, picture me like this. A lonely sandwich man with a lonely tuna sandwich on a wicked rainy Tuesday.

Look at me, looking out the window. All my friends have families and responsibilities. Or jobs that keep them busy. But not me, I am all lonely and alone, no one to play with, plus it's raining. And, I'm still smarting from going to work last night, only to realize that it was MLK Day. MLK! Some of my students showed up, too. They followed their fearless leader.

Nothing but a lonely, lonely tuna sandwich to look forward to.

But, wait! This is no ordinary tuna sandwich. It's a samich! This is according to Luther Monday, great songwriter, singer and musician. Plus, the harmonica! If Luther says to put pineapple in your risky tuna sandwich and call it samich. You do it! You do it if you've heard him sing or play, or if you've met him in any sort of way. You do it.

And then, of course, Luther's right. Listen to your friends, my friends, and eat whatever kind of tuna sandwich they say.

Your day, however rainy it is, will be better. Better. Better. You'll still be old, and alone, with nary a future in sight. But, the samich....the samich...

3 comments:

  1. Hey I know that table! Inquiring minds must know: did you put a pineapple in that samich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me. And I remember you very well!

    ReplyDelete