Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Can: North Carolina Pulled Pork (Questionable Tuna) Sandwich.


Can One: Best By Aug 20 2009 VAL2E 1ZSWG 10:26

If you’ve lived in the Bay Area for any amount of time, you know that the only place to get a good NC-BBQ’d pulled pork sandwich is either at my apartment or some potluck that I happen to be attending.

Obviously, I can’t tell you how I prepare and pull my own pork. But it doesn’t matter here, because we’re going to substitute the Questionable Tuna for the pork.


I make a delicious NC BBQ sauce, and here, minus the secrets, is my recipe:


Ingredients

2 cups Cider Vinegar

3 tablespoons Ketchup

2 tablespoons Brown Sugar

4 teaspoons Coarse Salt

1 tablespoon Tabasco Sauce or other hot sauce

1 to teaspoons Hot Red Pepper Flakes, or more to taste

1 to teaspoons Black Pepper

http://recipe.aol.com/recipe/north-carolina-vinegar-sauce/74206


The trick is to take the meat, soak/douse, uh, marinate it in the sauce. Put the meat on the cheapest whitest bun you can get your hands on, and then top it off with some NC BBQ slaw. Here’s my recipe, minus the secrets, for the BBQ slaw:


4 c. cabbage, chopped fine

3 Tbsp sugar

1/3 c. Heinz catsup

2 Tbsp white vinegar

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste

dash (or more) Cayenne

Chop cabbage. Mix other ingredients until dissolved. Add to cabbage--mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Keeps practically forever.

http://hkentcraig.com/BBQrecipes1.html


I've got to go take a shower and buy some buns. I'll be back in a bit to EAT IT! I'm nervous, obviously, but I believe that things are going to be okay...


Can you heat tuna in a microwave? Or should I eat it cold?

1 comment: